[Wylug-help] Mandrake Update problems

Steve King steve at kingsteve.co.uk
Wed, 7 May 2003 22:47:49 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 7 May 2003, Dawn iverson wrote:

> Wow! WHy hadn't I heard of this before??

Cos you only learn about things after you need them?
(/me mutters something horrid about pthreads, and something about it
having to be finished in 10 hours, and not having a clue why it's not
working.  I bet I'll understand it tomorrow afternoon!)

> Have just
> managed to back up all of my emails to a separate
> drive (must remember to do this earlier in future..)
>
> Great stuff!!

Good luck getting mandrake 9.1 working, it looks great, but it wouldn't
work with my network card /at all/, which was odd since it's worked with
every mandrake since 7!  It also wouldn't work with the sound on a
friend's laptop, but older Mandrakes did. I think it's pretty buggy :-(

Steve