[Wylug-help] ISA Network card

FENTON Mark John s1264 at greenhead.ac.uk
Wed, 14 May 2003 11:23:26 BST

I've checked out Genius's Website which advises:

Other Genius Networking Cards
GE2500 Series : NE2000 compatible PCI card
**E2000 Series : NE2000 compatible ISA card, IRQ needs to be specified**
GF100TXR: Configure as Realtek RTL8129/8139
GF100TXRII: Configure as Realtek RTL8129/8139

All very well, as the card is 10MBs only I assume it is the old sounding
GE2000, so I have tried the NE2000 module (also tried the generic realtek
module) but without an IRQ (or IO address) it makes no difference - the kernel
cannot detect a card at the specified address.

Re. using the dos disk to get out of PnP mode - does this mean I have to put
the card in a windows machine (if I can get hold of a disk)?

I forgot just how much fun ISA was when I got my newer PC...

Mark Fenton