[Wylug-help] floppy linux distro with sound support

Steve King steve at kingsteve.co.uk
Sun, 25 May 2003 12:15:51 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 25 May 2003, Daniel Walker wrote:

> Linux Terminal Server Project: www.ltsp.org - there's packages available for
> several distros and should do what you want - however using local sound is
> more tricky, I understand.

I tried that quite a while back, and found the sound to be pretty bad :(
I think it was really jerky, but I can't quite remember.
Also I don't really want a monitor on the machine, I'd like a silent box
by the hifi, and nothing else!  I don't think I'd be able to use an ltsp
box without a keyboard and monitor on it could I?

> Or a CD based distro that runs off a RAM disk after bootup - Doesn't knoppix
> do this?

I could try that, I'll have to find my knoppix disc to find out!  I have
the iso though, so I'll give it a shot later.

Cheers,

Steve