[Wylug-help] Looking for a old UNIX console based comms app.

Thomas, Nicholas nick.thomas at eldon.co.uk
Tue, 27 May 2003 09:26:59 -0600

Hi,

Some years ago when I was working on SUN CAD workstations (Solaris OS) there
was a console based application which
you could use to commuincate with a colleague who is sat at another desk.
If your colleague fired up the same app then both he and I would both see a
program where the top half of the screen shows
me what I am typing, and the bottom half show me what the other person is
typing.
So, you can simply communicate with a colleague.
It was abit crude.

I was wondering if there is a similar utility for Linux?

I appreciate that with modern communications (mobile phones etc) there is
probably no longer a requirement for such a
beast, but I would like to know if  a similar thing exists for Linux?

I have a had a quick google, but I cannot remember the name of the thing.
Any help appreciated.

Kind Regards

Nick Thomas

_________________________