[Wylug-help] New user needs tips.

Tim Grey tjg at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Nov 7 17:24:56 GMT 2003

Hello

I am Tim from Leeds.

I hope you can help me with my first tentative steps into Linux.

I am looking to install on an older machine I have and would appreciate
some straight talking answers to the following questions:

1.	Which distribution should i choose - for a first time user I
want one thats relatively easy to install (download i.e. free is
preferable)
2.	Will my hardware be compatble?

                                                                    AMD
Athlon 1400 (266)

512mb DDR Ram (PC2100)

Soltek Mainboard (via kt266 chip)

Geforce2 GTS AGP card

Netgear NIC

C-media soundcard.

    3. I want to use the machine for office applications, mail, web
browsing and possibly DVD playback. I also need the machine to be part
of my network (maily winXP and win98 systems).

Thanks

Tim

 This email has been scanned with NAV2003.