[Wylug-help] Debian, XFree86 and Trident Cyberblade/i1

RichardA pingvin at simaric.net
Fri Nov 14 17:26:42 GMT 2003

I'm a wannabe Mandrake refugee (sick of re-installing every six months).

I installed stable, upgraded to unstable, and all seemed well. Then I
installed XFree86 and Gnome.

I run dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86, give what I think are sensible
values, but Gnome locks up very soon after login, Nautilus crashes, the
gdm login screen corrupts, or all three.

This Cyberblade chipset is on a Via C3 mini-itx motherboard. Does anyone
have a spare XF86Config-4 I could look at? Is there another config tool
I should use?

Richard