[Wylug-help] ODBC Drivers

Dave Whiteley d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Nov 19 13:11:10 GMT 2003

On Wed, Nov 19, 2003 at 01:03:25PM -0000, Paul Grenyer wrote:
> Hi
>
> > > Yes. Have a look at http://www.unixodbc.com and
> > > http://www.easysoft.com/products/2002/main.phtml
> >
> > Is this "free"?  The stuff I read suggested that this was available as
> > an "evaluation" download but required a fee for "real" use.  Am I
> > wrong (again)?
>
> No, it's not free and as yet I haven't found a price.
>
> Can you explain a bit more about your target application?

There is a database system, running on m$ SQL Server, out of my
control, that contains data, and they assume that it will be assessed
from Windows using ODBC.  I want to access the data from perl and/or
Python.

Dave
--

Dave Whiteley
d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
Phone +44 (0)113 343 2059
School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
The University of Leeds. Leeds, LS2 9JT,  UK