[Wylug-help] lprfax

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Tue Nov 25 14:32:50 GMT 2003

Hello there.  Has anybody any experience of using lprfax?  From its
description it sounds like just what we need for something:

  The goal is to enable transparent faxing in any application able to
  print, via 'lpr -Pfax -J<number or name>'.

But I'm a little worried about the "goal" part, so was wondering whether
anybody has knowledge of whether in practice it meets that goal.

Recommendations of specific other Linux fax-sending packages are also
welcome (I think this has been on the list before, but unfortunately
searching the archives for "fax" just throws up many messages where
people quote a fax number in their signatures!).

We have some experience of 'Hylafax', not all of it good.

Thanks for any pointers.

Smylers
--
GBdirect