[Wylug-help] SuSE and Realtek 8201BL

Paul Grenyer paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Fri Nov 28 08:57:46 GMT 2003

Hi

> No, but this link at the Realtek site looks interesting:
>
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/phyDesc.aspx

Yes it does:

"The Ethernet hardware consists of two parts: a PHY chip, and a MAC
chip. It's the MAC chip that requires the drivers. RTL8201x is a PHY
only chip which does NOT need any driver at all. If you have RTL8201x
in your computer system, there must be another MAC chip in the system
too. Most likely, the MAC chip is embedded in the chipset. Please
contact the board or computer provider to find out which MAC chip is in
your system and how to get the drivers for it. "

So any suggestions on how I identify my MAC chip?

Regards
Paul

Please note the change of email address!

Paul Grenyer
Email: paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Web: www.paulgrenyer.co.uk