[Wylug-help] (no subject)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Nov 29 22:25:38 GMT 2003

On Saturday 29 Nov 2003 7:53 pm, Idris Fulat wrote:
> --
> Hello people, I'm having printing problems...I'm running RH 9.0 and
> its a Epson C42ux printer, it can see the printer and send the
> print job, the printer feeds the paper and thats when it gets stuck
> saying 'Media tray empty' (!!) I've checked all sorts of settings
> and tried the usual 'uninstall - re-install' method (!!) but
> nothing. I've had a brief google but would appreciate your
> expertise and experience as I am much of a newbie. Thanks. --

I've come across the same problem using a HPDJ-990 under Mandrake 9.1
- but only a few times.  I have come to the conclusion that it only
happens with very large files - specifically files that contain a lot
of full-colour photographic illustrations.  Nothing on earth makes
the behaviout go away once that happens. except..

If I split the file down and print only a couple (maybe up to 4) pages
at a time, they print fine.  I get the impression that more data is
being passed than the printer (or CUPS?) can handle, causing
confusion.

Maybe you have a similar situation?  HTH

Registered Linux User No.293302