[Wylug-help] SuSE 8.1

Paul Grenyer paul at paulgrenyer.co.uk
Sun Nov 30 11:04:06 GMT 2003

Hi All

As some of you may have read in my last post, I've experimenting with
SuSE this weekend, and I have to say I'm not impressed. Are there any
SuSE fans here?

I appreciate that SuSE 8.1 isn't the latest version or even the one
before the latest version, but it is the only I have to hand. I've been
looking at SuSE as a replacement for Red hat 9.0 as I don't fancy taking
my chances with Fedora until it proves itself. For the moment I've gone
back to Red Hat 9.0.

Anyway, the things that disappointed me about SuSE 8.1 were that the
mouse response was very poor, especially when the machine was busy, the
graphics were difficult to setup and poor even after the correct NVidia
drivers were installed and the inline update didn't seem to work.

Have other people seen these problems? Is it just that I need a later
version? At the moment I'm considering moving to Fedora after all. Can
anyone change my  mind?

Thanks!
--

Regards