[Wylug-help] Linux & Broadband

Greg Sheard greg.sheard at ecsc.co.uk
Wed Oct 8 08:38:35 BST 2003

--
On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 08:23, Steve King wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Oct 2003, Thomas Porteus wrote:
>
> > can i use linux with broadband??
>
> Yes.

Hm. Interesting fellow... I didn't get into Linux till 2 years later
(relative to age) than him. Who's head of year 9 now, Thomas? I'm
curious.

FWIW, I remember this particular yeargroup starting... it was the one
that came in at the same time as I ceased to ork at the place.

> > Thomas
> > The Legand of Saaria
> > Management Team
> > [GreenAdmin]
> > www.cc.dixonsctc.org.uk
>
> That url gives an error.

<snip unpleasant boilerplate>

> Gah!  Is that put onto everyone's email at the CTC?

Yep. Times Have Indeed Changed (tm).

>   (/me remembers when
> the CTC only had one machine with Internet access in the library!)

AOL!

In fact, I remember when the CTC got an Intranet... and when they ran
NetWare 3... <sigh> ah, happy days of youth.

[Note to other former stoodents @ dixonsctc.org.uk: quote your login
number in this thread, I'm interested to see how many of us there are
here!]

Greg.

--
"Could you elaborate on why you want to do one-hand typing in Emacs?"
"Doesn't Emacs turn *you* on?"