[Wylug-help] OT: WLan setup

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Mon Oct 6 09:46:27 BST 2003

Hi folks,

A while back I asked for comments about using WLan and two Linux firewalls to
connect two sites together.

Well, as with all things Ringways it's taken a while but I'm now getting to
the point where I need to start playing.

I'm pretty happy about the Linux side of things, but know sod all about WLan,
so here's a couple of questions.

1) I asume that two hubs will talk to each other quite happily - yes?
2) would I get better performance hub to hub than I would PC card to PC card
or PC card to hub?
3) Can you configure hubs so that they will only talk to another specified
device - i.e. the other hub?
4) Are all of these just hubs, or are any of them routers?
5) Are any of these devices secure enough to do without the Linux firewalls?
6) Anyone with personal experience want to recomend (not) using any specific
make/models?

--
Gary Stainburn