[Wylug-help] Multi-port serial Installation

Rik Wade rik at rikwade.com
Mon Oct 13 11:14:28 BST 2003

I'm trying to get a Longshine LCS-8880 card working under Linux.
Basically, the card is a standard 16450-based, dumb, 4-port card.

I've created the devices in /dev using MAKEDEV, and a
'setserial -a /dev/ttySx' shows the appropriate information including
the "FourPort" option.

Connecting a device to ttyS0 and powering up (it's a Cisco router)
with a 'cat /dev/ttyS0' outputs the device's boot text to the terminal.

However, 'cat /dev/ttyS4' (the port associated with port 1 of the
multi-port card), I get an "Input/Output" error. The same is true for
other ports.

Any ideas?
--
rik