[Wylug-help] LDAP fun

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Oct 23 12:29:17 BST 2003

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, John Hodrien wrote:

> I've populated the LDAP tree with the information, exactly as I had it working
> before but with userPassword information being fed into onePassword instead.
> Doing an ldapsearch shows all the data where it should be with the
> onePassword attribute having the identical data in.  Now I feel I'm not far
> wrong by the fact that getent shadow returns the correct data.

Nothing like accidentally lying to aid people on mailing lists.  getent
doesn't return the correct data.  While the info is base64 encoded for the
userPassword field, it isn't for the onePassword field, so you end up with:

userPassword:: 98wklfnsdlkfjsldf=
onePassword: {crypt}10ksdfkjh

Now even if I specify in the LDIF

onePassword:: 98wklfnsdlkfjsldf=

when I do an ldapsearch/getent it still returns:

onePassword: {crypt}10ksdfkjh

Suggestions?

jh

--
"A fanatic is a person who can't change his mind and won't change the
 subject."