[Wylug-help] Small server distro

Dave Brotherstone davegb at pobox.com
Fri Oct 24 22:20:55 BST 2003

This is not a plea to start a flame war :)

I'm looking for a decent distro that has a small footprint, installs easily,
and is flexible.  I am going to a (very) remote site, and need to set a
machine up such that I can access their network, but it's likely that the
machine I'm provided with will be "light" on resources.

I like gentoo, but i won't have time to install it (although a stage 3 install
is a possibility, for gentoo fans).   Redhat seems to leave a 1gb footprint
these days, but perhaps someone knows a RH based distro or something that
fits the bill.

Firewall based distros are basically out, because I need more flexibility in
terms of development tools.

Thanks,

Dave.