[Wylug-help] MS Worms?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Sep 19 17:52:21 BST 2003

On Friday 19 Sep 2003 3:41 pm, James Holden wrote:
> This is ridiclous, there's hundreds of the things. Y'know I'm
> surprised nobody has sued MS for making such crap, buggy products.
> The blame for all these email worms lies squarely at their door as
> far as I'm concerned.
>
> That said, this particular one is the one that disguises itself as
> a security update, tricking the clueless user into running it.
> AFAIK there isn't a patch for clueless users to date.
>
> James

You and I know that M$ don't send out patches via email, but one of
the ones that came in here this morning must have looked very
convincing to someone who does not know.  Looking at the html (I
haven't of course seen it in all its glory - my filter caught it) it
is full of links to M$ pages.  The attachment is Upgrade59.exe

Registered Linux User No.293302