[Wylug-help] DNS and IP Config files

Richard Dixon richard.dixon6 at ntlworld.com
Sun Sep 21 01:29:24 BST 2003

Hello Simon,

Thank you, I'll give this a try when I get back to work on Monday.  I spent
ages looking into this to no avail, still a bit of newby with Linux; and of
course within the nhs (work) there is no support for treading a different
path.

Richard.

Hi Richard,
On debian you can run through the config process again by running
'base-config' as root. However if it's a simple change like the IP, then
these settings are stored in '/etc/network/interfaces' this can be
edited by hand.

The DNS server to use is specified in '/etc/reslov'.

Hope this helps,
Simon.

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 12:09:36PM +0100, Richard Dixon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Our network changed recently and I had to apply a fixed IP address to keep
my machine talking to the network.  Problem is, I can't remember which
script I ran to change the configuration, nor can I determine where the
configuration files are on the machine.  I now need to modify some settings
and am stuck with millions of directories and files.  Really it is just the
DNS lookup address I need to change.