[Wylug-help] (no subject)

Andrew Teal a.teal at hud.ac.uk
Mon Apr 5 10:26:27 BST 2004

Hello, a bit of advice, please.

Having run an i386 machine with RedHat and various applications for a while, and keeping it up to date successfully (I believe) with their free single user system, I was aware that this was going to become unavailable but insufficiently motivated to do anything about it.

Now I particularly need PHP4.3 and I'm back on rpm dependency problems.

So, what's my best way round the problem? Find my way round (what seems a rather peculiar) dependancy maze, subscribe to Redhat, or change to another system? And would that be a complete change, or would there be sufficient compatibility to enable an update only change?

My instinct is to bite the bullet and subscribe, but I'd like more experienced views!

 Andrew Teal  Information Techologist
 School of Human & Health Sciences
 University of Huddersfield,
 Queensgate, Huddersfield, HD1 3DH