[Wylug-help] symbios scsi chipset

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Apr 19 13:55:17 BST 2004

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Andrew Jayes wrote:

>Thanks for the reply. So far I have only used the sym53c8xx and the ncr53c8xx
>driver. Can you give me a link where I can download the sym..._2 driver from?
>When I have this do I just use the 'linux dd' at boot?

Just looking in the redhat bugzilla they mention using that driver, and
checking /lib/modules on a fedora box shows that the sym_2 driver is on the
disk.  I haven't checked the iso, but I'd assume it was on there too.

> And at the moment when I boot it gets the sym53c8xx driver and just stays
> there and that's it.

If you look at bugzilla.redhat.com and search for symbios you'll see some
similar complains at the bottom.

jh

--
"A man ceases to be a beginner in any given science and becomes a master in
 that science when he has learned that he is going to be a beginner all his