[Wylug-help] Install on Advent 5372 laptop

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Apr 23 12:50:04 BST 2004

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Gary Stainburn wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> having got bluetooth working on my testbed PC I've decided to take the plunge
> and install FC1 on my laptop, an Advent 5372, a Celeron 700 with 128MB RAM,
> SIS chipset.
>
> It boots from the CD, and then I get the welcome screen.  I press <enter>
> (text <enter> does the same) and it starts to boot the kernel.   It gets as
> far as 'running /sbin/loader', then the screen goes blank and nothing else
> happens.
>
> Can anyone help?

Hopefully this one's easy.  I refer you to Alan Cox's notes on the matter:

http://fedora.artoo.net/faq/#AlanCox

On a particularly troublesome laptop, I've resorted to "noapic ide=nodma
apm=off acpi=off"

jh

--
"It is not extraordinary that the extraterrestrial origin of women was a
 recurrent theme of science fiction, though I have never seen their imperfect