[Wylug-help] SpamAssassin

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at dev.InTechnology.co.uk
Thu Apr 29 16:54:10 BST 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-29 at 16:54, John Langan wrote:
> Hi,
> We are planning to use SpamAssassin with Sendmail on Red Hat. Does
> anyone have any tips or advice from experience of setting this up?

This could be really unhelpful, but theres a really good guide to spam
and virus scanning using exim and exiscan at
  http://www.timj.co.uk/linux/Exim-SpamAndVirusScanning.pdf

This is all SMTP time scanning, so you can just use an ACL to put out a
SMTP reject code and let the other end worry about bounces etc.

A postfix solution was discussed a month back at a Wylug meeting.  It
was a non-SMTP time solution which means you must be much more careful
about rejects.

	Nigel.