[Wylug-help] JAVA, J2EE, C++ and XML bluffing

Shaun Laughey shaun.laughey at pyr2.com
Thu Feb 5 11:21:36 GMT 2004

Thomas, Nicholas wrote:

> [...]

Good luck,
I admire your spirit. I think some C++ programmers might not.
Give yourself a week though to learn a bit about Java and J2EE. Just
because it has more
buzz words and methodolgies than a convention of marketing men. Who very
likely
invented most of it.

www.devx.com,
www.programmersheaven.com

are great sources of information and there are also some very good
articles on IBM's website
about XML and related technologies.
As for being a team leader I would expect you to know all the management
rubbish and project
managment guff too. Don't fill your head with OOP and ignore life
cycle's, gant charts and coffee.
Okay the coffee bit is probably not important until you get the job.

Shaun Laughey,
Adventurer programmer.