[Wylug-help] JAVA, J2EE, C++ and XML bluffing

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Thu Feb 5 18:17:05 GMT 2004

Gary Stainburn writes:

> I've just applied for a job as a Software Developer Team Leader and
> need to know the above topics.
>
> I don't!!!!!
>
> Can anyone suggest a good learn everything in 60 minutes reference, or
> at least learn enough so that I sound as if I know what I'm talking
> about.

Um, Gary I hope you aren't applying for this job using your real name
(or that after all these years we discover that Gary isn't actually your
real name)!

It isn't unheard of for people screening applications to try searching
for them on the net -- either to look for an absence of undesirable
behaviour, or to check the truth of claims that they are active in a
particular 'community'.

Remember the Wylug lists are archived, and certainly if I were
considering your application I'm not sure that finding the above message
from would be in your favour ...

Smylers