[Wylug-help] Analogue camcorder users out there?

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Feb 13 17:06:47 GMT 2004

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 lists at mungewell.org wrote:

> I personally took the option of buying a MiniDV camcorder which can
> capture from composite/SVideo to firewire (IEEE1394), this produces
> excellent quality but may be over your budget. (Sony TRV-22 if you're
> interested)

That was the option I've used, although the Sony camera I've got insists on
writing to tape before pumping it down the line, so it takes longer than it
should...

I've also used a Canopus ADVC100 which is great.  It's got all the I/O you
could want, and just works.  Quality is much better than with the Sony camera
predicatably enough.

http://www.canopus-uk.com/US/products/advc-100/pt_advc-100.asp

jh

--
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
                                                     -- Aristotle