[Wylug-help] Exim sending problems

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Fri Jul 2 13:37:27 BST 2004

Hi folks.

I've just copied my existing mail server to a new box  and now when I try to
send an email I get the entries below in the log.

By copying I mean I've done an identical install and the tgz's /var/spool/mail
/var/spool/exim and /usr/local/exim and copied them across.

Anyone got any ideas how to trace this?

2004-07-02 13:34:27 1BgNFL-0000R8-00 <= gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
H=gary.ringways.co.uk [10.1.1.2] P=esmtp S=763
id=200407021320.57582.gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk

2004-07-02 13:34:27 1BgNFL-0000R8-00 == gary at ringways.co.uk T=local_delivery
defer (-25): filter process failure 2 while writing to /var/spool/mail/gary

--
Gary Stainburn