[Wylug-help] Copy CD+G discs with Unix tools

Andy Davidson andyd at lug.org.uk
Sat Jul 10 14:58:04 BST 2004

On 10 Jul 2004, at 16:08, James Holden wrote:

> Does anybody know how I can copy a CD+G disc with standard Unix CD
> writing tools? I have cdrecord, cdrdao, readcd et al, but the CD+G data
> is stored in the R+W subcode channels. I can't find anything in the
> documentation that specifically mentions that these specific subcodes
> are copied.

The hardware you have might not actually be able to write to the area
of the disk where the cd+g data is stored, but if it is, there is some
useful information on this site :
    http://www.cdrfaq.org/

.. which always proves an invaluable place to look for cd information.

--
Regards, Andy Davidson
http://www.fotoserve.com/