[Wylug-help] Card reader..result

David Noble dnoble7 at ukonline.co.uk
Sat Jun 5 20:36:30 BST 2004

--
Anne,
       My slackware distro was an LXF cover disc and doesn't include
gphoto, which
I am assuming comes with Gnome but I only have KDE.  Maybe the full distro
would have
Gnome and associated applications. I may do another installation on a
bigger HD using
discs from one of the suppliers.    But it's good to know my camera is
supported.

Nigel,
       Success,  that did the trick, all I need to do now is figure out
exactly how
to make the right entry in fstab so I don't have to mount it manually every
time.
       I have to admit to another use for the card...if I can write to it
then I can
transfer files to and from my Win98 box.  Although I have NICs and a hub I
don't yet
feel like tackling samba, at age 74yrs. I need time to absorb new stuff !

               Many thanks to you both,     David
--

---