[Wylug-help] Linux Graphics/Monitors Vivo/DVI Questions

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Thu Jun 17 15:18:27 BST 2004

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Nick Jeffery wrote:

> tom smith wrote:
>> DVI - Digital Video Interface - a small mini-scart-like socket used for
>> feeding a monitor (not seen this on a CRT yet)
>
> Nor are you likely to.  CRTs are inherently analogue devices.

Although possibly a misunderstanding of DVI, since there's nothing
non-analogue about it.  DVI-I which is what the port will be on the card
supports both analogue and digital signals.  DVI-D is the digital part, and
DVI-A the analogue part.  One could expect (although I'm not certain this will
hold) that the DSUB connectors and cables will disappear entirely.

jh

--
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."
                                                      -- Italian Proverb