[Wylug-help] Odd X and SSH behaviour

Dave Whiteley d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
Wed Jun 23 11:44:22 BST 2004

I am puzzled Folks!

I have several, assorted Linux servers, and I regularly ssh to log on
to them. I run XEmacs on them, which comes up in a nice new X window.

I am happy.

But I have one machine which behaves oddly.
In order to edit on this machine I need to:-

   ssh to it
   quickly ^d  out of it and
   ssh to it again

Then I can run xemacs happily.

If I try to run Xemacs before the second ssh, I get an error message
which starts with

As far as I can see the X11Forwarding statements in the ssh-config
and sshd-config files are similar to my other servers.

Clues welcome.

Dave

--

Dave Whiteley
d.l.whiteley at ee.leeds.ac.uk
Phone +44 (0)113 343 2059
School of Electronic and Electrical Engineering
The University of Leeds. Leeds, LS2 9JT,  UK