[Wylug-help] installation problem

C.Mackins at Bradford.ac.uk C.Mackins at Bradford.ac.uk
Mon Mar 22 09:10:33 GMT 2004

Can anyone offer a newbie some help here with Mandrake 9.2 install?

Last night I installed for the first time.  On the initial re boot though, the
first screen font size is minute - i.e. they cannot be read and appear to be a
series of dots smaller than the full stop within this text!!  I'm assuming it
requests username/password (but don't know if its for root/user - I assume
user); I enter a user name, and when I tab into what I think is the password
box, it will not allow any text to be entered (I've checked for CAPS/NUM lock too).

I'd like to probably go back to the installation process and double check the
graphics settings but have no idea how to, or how to uninstall due to the fact
that even though I have good vision, you literally cannot make out any of the
screen text.

Any ideas/suggestions - I've another 2 PCs to install and am just a tad
concerened that I may end up with no usable machines!

Cheers.

Chris.

This mail sent through IMP: http://webmail.brad.ac.uk
To report misuse from this email address forward the message
and full headers to misuse at bradford.ac.uk