[Wylug-help] (no subject)

Andy Davidson andyd at lug.org.uk
Thu May 6 08:23:25 BST 2004

On Wednesday, May 5, 2004, at 11:29  pm, David Morton wrote:

> Is there an  O.S. alternative to Sage accounts?  Which spreadsheet
> would
> people recommend for sales ledger/wages in a small company?

It's been done to death on another LUG I read; there is no worthy
alternative - gnucash's business accounts are too infant, the accounts
tools written as CGIs are either broken or too American centric, and a
spreadsheet would not give you the management account information that
you need.  Sage is expensive, and ties you in to a platform you might
not want to use, but it is very good (which is why people buy it !)

--
Regards, Andy Davidson
http://www.fotoserve.com/