[Wylug-help] Bash Profile

Dylan fritz at ananzi.co.za
Thu Nov 18 12:42:01 GMT 2004

I'm running Fedora Core 3 (a cop out, yes, but I'm going to move to
Gentoo when I have a. no job b. my wife is away for 8 weeks c. a broken
leg.)

I recently installed FC3 on a new hard drive, then mounted my old home
directory on the old hard drive. As the old home directory had my FC2
settings, I decided to delete all those settings files and folders, and
copy the new FC3 settings files (.gnomeconf etc.) from the new home
directory to the old one, before mounting the old home.

Now, to make sure that no settings files were in use, I, on the advice
of a forum somewhere, did an init 1 in a gnome terminal. Everything went
fine, I moved the files etc. and returned to x. Now the old home is
mounted with no problems.

The problem is, when I open a gnome terminal, it says bash-3.00$ instead
of the nice dylan at cartman ~]# I used to have.

So, what config do I change to get the nice informative bash prompt?