[Wylug-help] Browser Detection (and HTML loops)

Peter Nix p.j.nix at leeds.ac.uk
Mon Nov 22 12:59:44 GMT 2004

Dave,
I'm pretty much an empiricist about this. For ongoing css editing I put
a 10 second refresh in the page header and open the page in some
browsers on another machine[s]. AS you elaborate yr css you seen see
what works in wildly different ways on different browser/os
combinations.

To catch the less obvious quirks and deviations I highly recommend
Browsercam:
http://www.browsercam.com/
Does just what it says:
"Browser Cam creates screen captures of your web pages loaded in any
browser, and on any operating system, so you'll be 100% sure your web
pages look good-and work right-on any platform. Click here to register
now!" Couple of trial registrations are usually enough to pick most of
my problems up.
Interview with the author here:
http://meet-the-makers.com/conversations/witchel/
Peter