[Wylug-help] Apache server

Dave Roberts dave.roberts at unisonfree.net
Fri Oct 15 21:28:17 BST 2004

I'm trying to set up an apache web server using SuSE Linux 9.1. As far
as I can tell I have installed all the requisite apache packages but the
httpd.conf file is not present in /etc/httpd (or anywhere else as far as
I can see). Also, rcapache returns command not found (running as root).
What's going on?
I am deliberately trying not to set up the configuration through YAST.
I have set up an apache web server previously using SuSE Linux
Enterprise Server quite successfully but on this occasion I am
scratching my head!

Dave