[Wylug-help] Mounting a USB digital camera

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Oct 29 16:35:21 BST 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004, Felix Ulrich-Oltean wrote:

> Found it - USB PTP class camera.  I tried that too, after setting the
> camera output to PictBridge/PTP instead of "PC".  Both digikam and
> gtkam said "could not initialize camera".

But you've mounted it as usb-storage on another machine, and you can
successfully fdisk it, so it's not a PTP camera (I'm an owner of a card reader
(usb-storage) and Canon A75 (PTP).  Try mounting it -t msdos for kicks?

jh

--
"Ten thousand women marched through the streets of London saying 'We will not
  be dictated to!' then when off to become stenographers."