[Wylug-help] CD-ROM detects intermittently

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 12:25:50 BST 2004

Hi James

First the down side.  When I had this, it was the IDE ctrl going T-U.  I ended
up replacing the board.  However, this doesn't sound like a HW problem.

I've no real suggestion except the obvious.  Invest £2 on a second cable and
split the CDRom onto the second IDE.  It looks like there's possibly a
problem initing the first IDE, maybe setting a mode that is incompatible with
the CDROM drive.

Gary

--
Gary Stainburn