[Wylug-help] advice

C.Mackins at Bradford.ac.uk C.Mackins at Bradford.ac.uk
Wed Sep 15 13:12:39 BST 2004

Quoting "Nevin James (RTR) South Tees NHS Trust" <James.Nevin at stees.nhs.uk>:

> Hi
> Several of you were kind enough to give me advice on a driver for a
> SpeedTouch 330 modem - thanks
> Have downloaded it but am having difficulties getting it to talk to the
> modem ie do not know how to activate the damn thing
> Any suggestions?
> sorry to be a nuisance - am a REAL amateur

Hi James

The Speedtouch has a bit of a reputation for being hard work with Linux,
however, you may want to look at these sites for advise/guidance.

http://speedtouch.sourceforge.net/
http://benoit.papillault.free.fr/speedtouch/index.en.php3
http://www.linuxquestions.org/
http://www.suse.com/us/links/index.html  --- and check out the forums/bulletin
boards.

Alternatively, invest in an ethernet modem :)

Good luck.

This mail sent through IMP: http://webmail.brad.ac.uk
To report misuse from this email address forward the message
and full headers to misuse at bradford.ac.uk