[Wylug-help] firefox and bulletin boards

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Wed Apr 27 22:34:17 BST 2005

James Holden writes:

> He's almost certainly posting on a board which uses an active X applet
> for the editor. Either that or it's Java and he doesn't have Java
> configured.

It could just be a JavaScript thingy, but one that uses 'IE'-specific
features.  Here's a rich text editor thingy that does work in 'Firefox'
-- it's ghastly, but it's a proof of concept that these things are
possible:

  http://www.freetextbox.com/

However, getting that to work in multiple browsers involves much hassle;
that there are sites out which have equivalents only working in some
browsers is not surprising.

Smylers
--
May God bless us with enough foolishness to believe that we can make a
difference in this world, so that we can do what others claim cannot be done.