[Wylug-help] networking laptop woes

Mike Goodman mike at jazzitis.uklinux.net
Mon Aug 15 10:16:53 BST 2005

Finishing off this thread:

Ubuntu worked fine with respect to the network card recognition and
operation, but its software is out of date and there were too many
instances of trying to find updates in order to be able to continue work
started in the office on an FC4 workstation.

During all this, I received a couple of off-list emails from someone
called Bruce Clement, from the States, I think, with SuSE with the same
problem, who found this posting in a thread raising the same problem on
LinuxQuestions.org, after finding our thread. It worked for him and the
person who posted it was using FC3. I reloaded FC4, tried it and it
worked for me, so here it is:

     http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/318019

     "I had the same problem, which I resolved by adding acpi=noirq
     as a kernel parameter in /etc/grub.conf."

     "I figured out the solution after finding out that none of the
     packet counts were getting updated or the interrupt routines
     getting called of the card."

I hope that is of help. I know a few of you came very close to solving
it for me.

Best regards,

Mike Goodman