[Wylug-help] Where are ifconfig, route etc under FC4?

Dave Fisher wylug-help at davefisher.co.uk
Mon Aug 15 15:10:26 BST 2005

On Mon, Aug 15, 2005 at 02:57:28PM +0100, John Hodrien wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Aug 2005, Dave Fisher wrote:
> >Me too. That's probably why I didn't explicitly look for ifconfig in
> >/sbin ... and why which ifconfig, etc obviously didn't work.
>
> But to keep the voice on I had before, this is also true of FC4.  Of course
> if
> Dave had su'ed to root with "su" rather than "su -", or run as a normal
> user,
> then that wouldn't have been picked up.

Excuse me for being Mr ultra-defensive, for any lapses of memory, and/or
for miss-reading the logic of your sentence, but I think I tried sudo
first and used "su -" after that failed.  Aren't you saying that "su -"
is supposed to work because it picks up root's path (and the rest of its
environment)?

Dave