[Wylug-help] Allowing ftp resume in ASCII mode

John Craven johnc at ukzone.com
Wed Aug 24 15:39:55 BST 2005

My server is running vsftpd. I need to download log files in ASCII format in order to read them.
This is OK. However, when I RESUME downloading the log files (I don't want to download the whole massive file every time) I get an error message "550 No support for resume of ASCII transfer"
I also loose my original file on my receiving computer.

I have another server which does allow RESUME of ASCII transfers. This is running RH 7.3 and uses wu-ftpd.

Any ideas how to resolve this problem

Thanks,

John C

  Check out our British Country Music Web Sites

        http://www.countrymusic.org.uk
        http://www.bcmi-radio.co.uk

        Over 70,000 visitors a week