[Wylug-help] Mailman port RH7.3/2.0.13 to FC4/2.1.5/Exim4

Nigel Metheringham nigel.metheringham at dev.intechnology.co.uk
Tue Dec 13 15:06:05 GMT 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 14:04 +0000, Gary Stainburn wrote:
> [root at stan1 ~]# service mailman start
> Starting mailman: Site list is missing: mailman
>                                                            [FAILED]

I guess thats your site list missing :-)
  http://www.list.org/mailman-install/node40.html

> 2) sending emails doesn't work. I've configured exim4 as described (fixing the
> path problem to the config.pck). I've included the bits I've added as well as
> the extract from /var/log/exim/main.log that shows the incoming email being
> processed.  There are no other log entries however, not in messages,
> main.log, or mailman/error.

That could be down to the lack of a site list.

However when I did this last year for the exim/wylug lists I found that
there was a database format inconsistency between 2.0.x and 2.1.5 -
somewhere in the 2.1.x series an incompatible change had been made which
broke things.  A solution might have been to have upgraded to 2.1.0 and
subsequently up from there.... I blew away the lists and recreated them
instead.

There may be another solution, but it did not immediately show up nor
did any one have a solution on the mailman lists.

The exim4 / Mailman 2.1 HOWTO at
http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html should be accurate...

	Nigel.