[Wylug-help] No meetings?

Jim Jackson jj at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Feb 7 14:56:18 GMT 2005

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005, Anne Wilson wrote:

> On Saturday 05 Feb 2005 17:49, Dean Turner wrote:
> > They come through the [Wylug-announce] mailing list - are you signed up for
> > that one?
> >
> > Dean
> >
> No - the web description says 'announcements about and relating to wylug. Low
> traffic and moderated, for official use only' - which I took to mean for
> communication between organisers.  Come to think of it, it would be a logical
> place to look for them.  I'll sign up now.
>
> Sometimes common sense needs a good prod :-)  Thanks

you are right it does probably rad a little wrong. I've suggested some
change to the wording to our Web guru, Philip.

I ALWAYS email WYLUG meeting announcements to wylug-announce

Most times I email a slightly briefer announcement to neighbouring LUGs
and lists, but as we didn't have an proper meeting last month (just a pub
gathering) I didn't do a wider circulation.

Don't worry though, meetings are being planned for the rest of the year.
I think this is only 2nd monthly meeting where we failed to deliver, in 7
years.

cheers
Jim