[Wylug-help] apt/dpkg woes

Dave Fisher davef at gbdirect.co.uk
Thu Feb 17 15:59:17 GMT 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 03:44:53PM +0000, John Hodrien wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005, Dave Fisher wrote:
>
> >Sadly, I have tried all of that and none of it works ... I just get
> >exactly the same dpkg errors.
>
> So are you unable to purge the libvideo-ivtv-perl package using dpkg?
>
> What does dpkg -s libvideo-ivtv-perl give?

The following:

    Package: libvideo-ivtv-perl
     The Video::ivtv module will provide helper methods for working with
     videodev2.h structures and making ioctl calls that have proven to be
     too difficult to create pack strings for in perl itself.
     .
     This is not supposed to be an equivalent of the Video::Capture::V4l
     module which was created for videodev.h.

Although, interestingly, dpkg -L libvideo-ivtv-perl gives:

    dpkg-query: failed in buffer_read(fd): files list for package `libvideo-ivtv-perl': Invalid argument

Which may narrow the problem down to package listing.  Unfortunately, my
knowledge of dpkg is no longer sufficient, to figure out what to do next.

Dave