[Wylug-help] Installing broadband

Chris_Mackins c.mackins at bradford.ac.uk
Sat Feb 26 11:02:06 GMT 2005

John Powell wrote:

>--
>Hi
>    I have Installed SUSE LINUX 9.2 and need help installing My wannado broadband, How do I get broadband
>    to work on my PC MSI K8T Neo 64 bit Board as I have tried so meny times that it is now really buggin Me
>    I am NEW to SUSE LINUX 9.2.
>
>Any Help would be most greatfully recieved.
>
>Thank You
>
>Best Regards
>John Powell
>--

I don't use SuSE, but a friend who tried it recently said it 'just
worked' and didn't require any additional config after installation (but
he's using cable broadband).

Other than that, I presume that you will need to use YaST to set up your
connection.  You'll need your ISP details as provided by wanadoo.

It might well be that the problem lies with your modem - I use mandrake
and initially had a terrible time trying to get my USB modem working -
installing and configuring drivers etc. (I had a speedtouch 330)

If this is the case, then if you are able, you might want to consider
ditching USB and opting for an ethernet modem (you can get them at about
the same cost as a new USB, and I should also imagine  you could get
hold of one easy enough through eBay etc. going ethernet means no
drivers are required  and your connection takes only a few minutes.