[Wylug-help] usb pendrives

John Hodrien johnh at comp.leeds.ac.uk
Mon Jan 24 14:42:43 GMT 2005

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Jim Jackson wrote:

>> i have the following in my /etc/fstab
>>
>> /dev/usb/memstick1   /mnt/usb    vfat    noauto,users   0 0
>
> I'd add the noatime option after noauto too, and use the user, not users,
> option.

Depending on your usage pattern, sync can be quite nice too.  I get really
annoyed when it sits and grinds for 5 minutes when I issue a umount, but don't
care as much about it being slightly slow as I go along.  But then maybe
that's just me being odd.

jh

--
"Woman was God's second mistake."                    -- Nietzsche