[Wylug-help] Re: Mounting a USB digital camera

Felix Ulrich-Oltean felix at chaptereight.com
Fri Jan 28 13:36:06 GMT 2005

Just to report back on my own troubles, in case it helps someone in
the future.

I had compiled my own kernel, and although the usb modules were
camera.

In the 2.6.10 kernel config, I enabled verbose logging for the usb
storage and filesystem modules.  I'm not sure if these options were
there in earlier kernels, but when I ran this kernel, I got a more
meaningful error message when trying to mount the camera.  It
complained about not having a certain codepage (cp437 I think). I
enabled that codepage in the kernel config (under the fs otions) and
everything is sweet now.

Felix.