[Wylug-help] me, an acer laptop, a bottle of whisky , a pistol and two bullets.

chek jallaei kai.che at ntlworld.com
Sat Jul 2 10:12:40 BST 2005

okay folks.
im feel bad for asking as they seem trivial.
but the main problem seems like it would benefit from a many  linux/unix
familiar eyes approach
not for a solution but for

i have a little laundry list
as i been on this for two days straight.
[arrived on thurs]

laptop does not reboot in ubuntu clean install or live cds
anymore.
it shuts down. but it does not reboot. after the reboot script/halt
command is issued.. it hangs on black screen. my guess its the restart
bit.
when hard powered off -

it works in windows strangely.

however n the beginning, live cds and and ubuntu did do restarts.

no acpi options in bios. but i guess sits something like that. gonna
update the bios. see if its a bug that linux chokes on.

just would like to know if anyone thinks the laptop has gone dodgy
[apologies for overly technical terms]
and that i should take it back...

also anyone familiar with the ati mobility radeon 9000/91000 igp?

is it  worth trying to use the ati drivers for a performance increase?
i have the feeling it would actually be slower!

everything else works or can be fixed by what i know.

well maybe apart form battery monitor- but hey i am past caring.

[in short do not buy an acer or 'cheap' laptop]

thanks for reading,

chek