[Wylug-help] networking laptop woes

James Holden wylug at jamesholden.net
Tue Jul 12 13:10:38 BST 2005

Mike,

Perhaps the onboard LAN requires firmware uploading or something like
that. Maybe it is only supported using the 'ndiswrapper' drivers.

Post (or mail me off list) the output of 'dmesg', 'lsmod' and 'lspci'.

Can you set an IP address with somthing like this:

# ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.55

Does it work then?

Is the driver getting interrupts?

# cat /proc/interrupts | grep eth0